Re: [opensuse] Title hijacking
On 08/03/2015 11:53 AM, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
Ok, so my impression is:

1) There is a problem with moderation and/or censorship here;

oh yes!
We're not willing to pay money, some kind of weekly/monthy subscription
to be a member of this list, to read and be able to post, just as you
are doing, and so the moderator is a volunteer, someone who has a life
apart from this list, who only gets to take overt action when things get
out of hand, when people start with personal insults or things get
particularly vitriolic.

Personally Li like this 'hands off' style of 'policing'. I don't want a
nanny-List where we all have to be politically correct and walk on
tenterhooks in case something we say upsets someone, perhaps a
non-contributor.

2) Users are disenfranchised and take the law in their own hands.

Uhmm... it's not a good sign, is it?

It a sign that this is a lively and active list with many opinions, some
of them more extreme than others.
Hey, that's life. That's how things are in the real world.

There are many cases where people 'take the aw into their own hands' for
the good.

A few decades ago the law was that cars here in NorthAmerica had to have
sealed beam headlights. They came in two types: round and oblong.
Three were all kind of justifications for this, mostly to do with the
limits of the technology of the 1950s.

Then Ford "broke the law" and made a car that was streamlined at the
headlights and had a - shock/horror - lightbulb. Only it was modern
technology. Now everyone does that and it opened up the way for
innovation in light bulbs that has led to low energy LEDS and innovation
in LED technology.

Over the centuries many laws have given way to progress.