Re: [opensuse] Title hijacking
Ottavio Caruso composed on 2015-08-03 16:18 (UTC+0100):

Carlos E. R. wrote:

Some months ago we had some big flame wars, around systemd. The list
admin had to implement filters, that causes *some* mails to be delayed
for moderation, which can take several days.

He didn't have to. He just did. Many here live in fear of wearing out their
delete keys, so demand a nanny (aka moderator) relieve them of that risk.

So what we do is that when we get a hit on those filters, and we do
not want to wait that long, we repost changing the offending word.

So you're confirming me you change the title to dodge filters? How is
this a good thing?

It's a choice of lesser evil. Moderation breaks conversing. A question is
asked or answered, but when it gets trapped in moderation queue, sometimes
for days, thread participants get left hanging whether aware of magic words
or not. Something akin to bitrot typically sets in. The original poster may
well have found a solution and not mentioned it, or given up on getting any
response, by the time the moderator clears it from the queue.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/