Re: [opensuse] I have to encrypt my messages now?
On 08/02/2015 02:57 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 12:50 PM, Bob Williams
<linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Carlos, your theory appears to be correct. I just replied to a message
in this thread with that word added to the subject line and received
the following:

Hi, this is the Mlmmj program managing the <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx> mailing
list.

The message from <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> with subject "Re:
[opensuse]
I have to encrypt my messages now? ...if they mention systemd?" has been
submitted to the list. However, the moderators are being asked to
review it
before releasing it to the list because of an access rule.

Jeez. That's a bad policy. Baby and bathwater. Words are not
disruptive, people are. If people can't follow list guidelines,
embargo all their emails. Don't make things difficult for everyone,
including the list moderator. It's not just the sender affected, it's
anyone using the subject to make a choice whether they read the
message.

+1

I remember seeing Scott McNealy onstage at JavaOne punning that "Java
Won". Systemd won as well; all the major distros have switched to it at
this point. If individual posters are still behaving like children about
it, they should be moderated individually. It's time to move on and
learn how to use systemd, and if subject lines containing the word are
moderated, it's only making that more difficult.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)