Re: [opensuse] 13.1 - Cannot Connect to Wireless AP w/o Killing Network Manager, resolve.conf not updating on return???
On Saturday 01 of August 2015 16:10:07 David C. Rankin wrote:
All,

This is exactly what was happening. I could see and list all
available AP's with iwlist. I could manually associate the AP with my
wireless connection with iwconfig, but could not actually connect to
the AP. As soon as I killed network manager with rcnetwork stop, and
brought wpa_supplicant back up, BINGO, the connection to the AP was
automatic. Issuing the dhcpcd command obtained an address and the
network was up.

Upon return from the trip, a nasty side effect of the manual
connection and issuance of the dhcpcd command was discovered when I
connected to my AP, but had no domain information and no name
service. Checking, resolv.conf was left in the state it was
autoconfigured to with the vacation AP. For some reason when
re-connecting to my home AP, resolv.conf was not updated. The same
was true for the domain information. While those are easily resolved
by setting them again, I am used to the domain information
automatically updating.

Is there anything specific anyone can think of in this situation
that would result in the normal resolve.conf and domain information
to fail to update?

What does /var/log/NetworkManager indicate about the connection
attempts? Quite often here on 13.2 and on earlier versions before that,
wpa_supplicant corrupts its memory and the only way to connect to
certain WPA networks is by killing it, and Networkmanager or systemd
automatically restart it and the connection proceeds as expected.
Perhaps this is the same issue?