Re: [opensuse] Re: Thunderbird 38.1.0 don’t show Outlook *proprietary format* email if "HTML original" is selected
On 2015-08-01 16:18, Anton Aylward wrote:

Mind you, that being said, I've always wondered at the kind of
organization that encourages the use of 'enhanced' email for what seems
no good reasons, resulting in disk-bloat and the associated complexity
of backups and archival searching.

Oh, I have worked in a large international business organization that
used such a thing. Exchange, actually. Worked nicely, intranet.
Beautiful emails. They mailed a lot of documents with it, with tons of
replies that resent the documents dozens of times (even though we had
shared directories and could send links to files in them). And the
folder had a 2 gig limit, which believe me, was easy to reach.

Useless to convince them to use something else, the thing actually
worked with the right set of features.

Ah, and these people actually used and sold Unix, and some Linux.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >