Re: [opensuse] Re: specific calendar program for linux
On 07/31/2015 08:14 PM, Joachim Schrod wrote:
On 07/31/15 18:25, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 07/31/2015 06:35 AM, Koenraad Lelong wrote:

I'm using owncloud for synching of calendar and contacts. No worry about
privacy.

OK, well that's one good way of sharing on the LAN

Quite to the contrary, Owncloud is perfect for sharing one's
calender on the Internet -- without using Google's calendar with
all its implied privacy concerns. Some of us don't want Google to
track and read their calendars... Yeah, I know, we're the tin-foil
hat folks. :-) To use Owncloud, you just need some server connected
to the Internet with LAMP stack.

Its not an issue of "contrary", its an issue of "complementary" or
perhaps "where do you want to draw your boundaries?"

The ownCloud mailing list has had threads discussion using ownCloud as a
complete alternative, that includes not just the calendar but the
contact list management (which of course you could have done anyway with
LDAP and if you had you could absorb that into ownCloud), IMAP based
email, and more.

You can install many apps in ownCloud
https://doc.owncloud.org/server/7.0/admin_manual/installation/apps_management_installation.html
and there is a large library of them
https://apps.owncloud.com/
though writing your own isn't difficult, assuming you know PHP.
Or perhaps javascript.

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/7.0/developer_manual/app/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7H1OWU8kgo

https://owncloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Write_Your_ownCloud_App_in_60_Minutes.pdf