Re: [opensuse] Re: Thunderbird 38.1.0 don’t show Outlook *proprietary format* email if "HTML original" is selected
On 07/31/2015 10:24 PM, Linda Walsh wrote:
Set the Global Properties to have Outlook by default send your email in
Hypertext Markup Language (HTML):

Oh <expletive-deleted> golly gosh!
Microsoft manages to produce the most <expletive-deleted> poor quality
HTML in the known universe. I've tried sending it through html-tidy a
few iterations and while that makes it more readable, it merely shows it
up for the inefficient piece of <expletive-deleted> encoding of text
that it is.

It beleaguers the imagination what kind of programming practices manage
to produce <expletive-deleted> results like this.

Mind you, that being said, I've always wondered at the kind of
organization that encourages the use of 'enhanced' email for what seems
no good reasons, resulting in disk-bloat and the associated complexity
of backups and archival searching. Maybe I'm a dinosaur of the KISS
school. maybe the idea is to make legal searches as part of court
ordered "disclosures" more difficult. But in that case why not simply
delete the messages, or better still, don't send them in the first
place. Walk down the corridor and say what has to be said face to face
with the door shut and no witnesses present. Didn't these people learn
ANYTHING from Enron?

And no I'm no fat and purple!