Re: [opensuse] Re: konsole dictating dimensions of gvim window
В Sat, 06 Jun 2015 09:34:50 -0700
Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx> пишет:

toothpik wrote:
On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 06:04:02PM -0700, Linda Walsh wrote:
toothpik wrote:

my request for my winsize is honored if I use alt-F2 to run the bash
starter script, but if I run it from konsole the gvim window is as big
as the konsole
----

That is a **feature**.

if that's true it's a feature I'd like to know how to turn off

how in heck do I regain control of my window size?

---
You have control by choosing whatever size your Terminal window
is. Either that, or in your .gvimrc

let &columns = 80

Default size for gvim window can also be set in Xresources. It is
extensively documented in vim help. Including the fact that
parent terminal size is the default :)