Re: [opensuse] konsole dictating dimensions of gvim window
On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 10:11:46PM -0400, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 06/05/2015 05:01 PM, toothpik wrote:
I wind up with a big swath of lines that aren't really there in the
bottom of the window -- there are 42 vim lines and 18 lines of
inaccessible nothing -- profoundly weird

I'm not sure what you are describing there but one way I can interpret
this is normal behaviour.

If I have a 10 line program and display it in a 20 -- or 42 -- line
window what is going to appear on the bottom 10 -- or 32 -- lines in the
window?

Those bottom lines are 'inaccessible' in that I can move the cursor up
and down the 10 lines of the program but not into the remaining area.

This makes perfect sense to me.

If this is not what you are describing, please try to describe it better.

no -- too much trouble when it's plain you're not going to be able to
help -- please Anton, I appreciate your efforts but they are wasted here