[opensuse] Re: konsole dictating dimensions of gvim window
toothpik wrote:

my request for my winsize is honored if I use alt-F2 to run the bash
starter script, but if I run it from konsole the gvim window is as big
as the konsole
----

That is a **feature**. It gives you the same size window
as if you brought up 'vim'. It is trying to be consistent.

If people worked with 100char wide terms, all the time, then having gvim coming up with 65chars wide would be
inconsistent with other ways of invoking vim..