Re: [opensuse] Leap second and old suse systems
On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 11:33 AM, cagsm <cumandgets0mem00f@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Turns out that I have some very old suse systems, that might be
affected by leap seconds this month? I was wondering if running ntp to
sync the local time to external ntp sources, isnt that fixing my time
on a daily or regular basis anyways, how can a mere second cause
trouble if time is adjusted multiple times ever month or week or day
anyways?

I have some 9.3 x86-64 and some 11.0 x86 and maybe even some other
systems that cannot be advanced.

SUSE recommendation is to disable step mode over leap second. See
https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7016150 for details.