[opensuse] Leap second and old suse systems
  • From: cagsm <cumandgets0mem00f@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 10:33:41 +0200
Turns out that I have some very old suse systems, that might be
affected by leap seconds this month? I was wondering if running ntp to
sync the local time to external ntp sources, isnt that fixing my time
on a daily or regular basis anyways, how can a mere second cause
trouble if time is adjusted multiple times ever month or week or day
anyways?

I have some 9.3 x86-64 and some 11.0 x86 and maybe even some other
systems that cannot be advanced.

Thanks for hints. Regards.