Re: [opensuse] konsole dictating dimensions of gvim window

Hello,

OK then. I've made a few tests and it seems that the if has('gui_running') statement does not detect the GUI properly every time (don't know why ... a race condition?). The execution of the source file however can be delayed by adding e.g. sleep 250m at the top of it. The value of 250 miliseconds seems to be enough (at least on my machine) in order the GUI to be detected every time and the code in the if has('gui_runing') statement to be executed. Also have in mind that the winsize command is obsolete and is recommended the set lines= and set columns= to be used.

Hope that this what you are lookinng for.

Regards,
I. Petrov