Re: [opensuse] konsole dictating dimensions of gvim window
On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 08:51:25PM -0400, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 06/03/2015 08:34 PM, toothpik wrote:
I am running openSUSE v 13.1, konsole v 2.11.3, gvim v 7.4.729

if I start a gvim session from the konsole command line it assumes the
same dimensions as konsole -- if I instead start gvim from the alt-F2
run starter it assumes whatever dimensions I have specified in my
startup script, or it defaults to a cute 25 line by 80 column display

Interesting.
When i start up in those two modes I do get different sized windows but
neither is particularly large, certainly not the the same dimensions as
the konsole.

I'm running 13.1 (64bit)

Repository: KDE_Current
Name: konsole
Version: 4.14.3-1.4

Repository: openSUSE-13.1-Update
Name: gvim
Version: 7.4.052-4.1

*WHAT* *STARRTUP* *SCRIPT* ???

I have bash scripts that start gvim with for example option

-c 'source ~/.vim/plan.vim'

and in plan.vim I'll define various leader mappings, autocommands,
specialized register contents, and if has('gui_running') I'll set
lines and columns (with a winsize command) to my prefered size -- all
for my "plan" application

my request for my winsize is honored if I use alt-F2 to run the bash
starter script, but if I run it from konsole the gvim window is as big
as the konsole