Re: [opensuse] vfat timestamp again
On 2015-05-28 15:25, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2015-05-28 14:26, Anton Aylward wrote:

And according to this entry in the mount man page:

tz=UTC This option disables the conversion of timestamps
between local time (as used by Windows on FAT) and UTC (which Linux uses
internally). This is particularly useful when mounting devices (like
digital cameras) that are set to UTC in order to avoid the pitfalls of
local time.

Thus I understand that cameras, or some cameras, actually use UTC
internally.

I tried this, comparing the file timestamp, both with and without that
option, with the exif timestamps (there are several), and with the time
I remembered a sample photo was taken.

The file time was correct without TZ (and matched the exif stamps),
incorrect with it.

But I have not checked a photo taken in winter time, when the local time
of the computer is summer, or the other way round.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

  • No further messages