Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird quirk - something new or something I never noticed in the past?
On 24/05/15 21:21, Billie Walsh wrote:
On 05/24/2015 01:39 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 24/05/15 00:30, jdd wrote:
Le 23/05/2015 16:17, Basil Chupin a écrit :

This lack of the "little arrow" a new development or something which has
"always been' and I have never noticed it?

well.. I saved the mail as draft before sending it and I have the arrow :-(
jdd

As normal it's only when someone responds that one realises that one could have added more info in an earlier message :-) .

Forgot to mention, while writing a response and one EXITS the write at which point one is asked if you want to SAVE the msg or Delete or Cancel and by Saving it it goes into the Draft folder. Then go away and do something else for a while (can even shut down TB as when going to bed) and when you come back to complete the message (?next day) you Edit it as a New Message; finish it and then Send it while in the Draft folder. This is when the little arrow does not show up.

BC

As a theory, when you save and close down then much later reopen to finish and send could TB see it as a new message rather than a reply.

Doing what you suggest above as a theory could possibly result in the 'problem'.

However, keeping in mind what has been said in this thread by jdd and yourself, earlier this afternoon I started a reply to an e-mail but had to save it to the Draft folder because dinner was being served. I returned to the complete the message (Edit as New Message), was interrupted once again and had to save it Draft, and then finally completed the response some hours after I started it. I did not close down TB at any time.

When I finished the response and sent the msg, there was not 'little green' arrow to indicate that I had replied to the e-mail.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.2, KDE 4.14.6 & kernel 4.0.4-4 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor