[opensuse] Re: raid use case
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2015-05-29 08:05, Per Jessen wrote:
If my data is so important to need a raid, I absolutely must also have
an rsync backup.
----
I use a RAID0 on my workstation -- they aren't just for
backups

Your rsync copy still isn't as good as your RAID "copy". The rsync copy
is always older, so you will always lose data when you have to use it.

Which is why it should be both.
----
rsync doesn't protect you against data corruption that you don't find out
about until next week (or month). With daily incrementals, you can go back
to any specific day in the period you keep. With rsync, if you've been infected w/malware both rsync and RAID will just help duplicated.
And by 'dailies', I don't mean you have to restore each day to get to your current day, Usually 5 restores is a max to get to any given day..