Re: [opensuse] network manager only connects after 2nd or 3rd attempt
On 06/01/2015 08:33 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
If I'm going to bind a MAC address to an IP address why not make it part
of the static group anyway?

Think portable devices that may be used on other networks. I have a
notebook computer, tablet and smart phone. All have a MAC linked IP
address configured on the DHCP server. This means they have a fixed
address when at home and whatever address elsewhere. On the other hand,
things that don't move, such as my desktop computer, firewall/router
computer and WiFi access point have static addresses. I also have some
A/V gear that have MAC linked addresses on the DHCP server.