[opensuse] html5 player of youtube says "An error has occured" on chromium
  • From: Weiwu Zhang <a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 11:21:03 +1000 (AEST)

Videos play fine on Firefox using HTML5 player of youtube.com, but the same videos give "an error has occured" on my chromium 43.0.2357.65-29.1. System is OpenSUSE 13.2, 64bit x86. Not a single video on chromium plays, e.g. youtube.com, lynda.com, presto.com.au, netflix.com....

There are no technical information besides the for-mago message "An error has occured".

Strange enough, youtube.com/html5 on chromium says I have everything supported, 6 tickes all ticked. While youtube.com/html5 on Firefox says I have only 2 tickes of the 6 ticked: "HTML Video Element", and "WebM", Yet, Firefox perform okay when chromium can't. Why?

If I do a google search, most people suggest that I should switch to HTML5 player instead of Adobe Flash (was done already), install gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg and gstreamer-0_10-fluendo-mp3 (was done already, although don't think this suggestion is relevant, since youtube moved away from h.264 and mp3 codecs long ago), or check youtube.com/html5 (checked)

Thanks!