Re: [opensuse] Brother w/ Epson printer language support?
On 06/01/2015 08:48 AM, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:

Probably not what you want to hear but you might be ablr to create your
own filter:

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Using_Your_Own_Filters_to_Print_with_CUPS

There are times I think that we should have stuck with the model of the
old UNIX SVR4 queue manager.

Sometimes queue systems in UNIX were "good enough" and things that were
designed or redesigned were a bit gratuitous.

People forget that UUCICO was transport mechanism and not an e-mail
mechanisms.
I recall that I did a 'quick and dirty' using it that (should have)
avoided the need for spending mucho$$ on a MQ system (but didn't because
the project manager knew mainframes better than he knew UNIX although we
weren't using mainframes and were using UNIX).

Another time I used the queueing system of Postfix to do 'not email
queueing".

An early version of AIX had a "queue manager subsystem" that, for the
short duration of that release, handled email queueing, printer queueing
and a few other things to do with job submission, before things were
then "done properly". (Shades of 'systemd' in the 1980s?)

Hm. Come to think of it, systemd, might well be able to handle print job
queueing and filtering ...