Re: [opensuse] 13.2 trouble with NVidia 6150SE (was: Install problem)
andredo@xxxxxx composed on 2015-06-01 23:49 (UTC+0200):

The problem is most likely with the driver for your graphics card. So what is
the hardware of your graphics card? Also look for changed driver software for
that card. Are you using the default driver? Nouveau?

the graphics card is NVIDIA GE Force 6150SE nForce 430

I have one of these in a test system working OK last time booted to 13.2 and
using the nouveau driver, but I always include the file describe below (never
tried any distro without including it).

2d driver nouveau
3d driver nouveau Gallium 0.4 on NV4C

You did not answer about using nomodeset on the boot command.

As only a user I never used this

We were suggesting you try using it to see if it improves anything.

Something else to try:

1-boot in rescue mode from installation media or from other live media

2-mount the / partition

3-create a file named

<mountpoint>/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-extensions.conf

containing the following:

Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

4-Try to boot normally.

Another something else to try:

If it is only KDE that is giving trouble, try selecting IceWM or TWM as a DE
session to see if it works OK.

Another something else to try:

Add the following to the kernel cmdline by typing it in after using ESC in
the Grub menu:

video=1024x768@60

You can also try substituting 75 or 70 for 60 there. I got those from
http://www.cnet.com/products/compaq-fp745a-lcd-monitor-15-series/specs/
because based upon your mailing list history WRT installations on this PC its
hardware doesn't seem very reliable. Please report back the details of your
trials.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/