Re: [opensuse] Install problem
Op maandag 1 juni 2015 23:12:43 schreef andredo@xxxxxx:
Op 01-06-15 om 22:34 schreef Freek de Kruijf:
Op maandag 1 juni 2015 22:25:29 schreef andredo@xxxxxx:
Last weeks I have problems with installing the last 4 Tumbleweed and
13.2.
All trials end, after the KDE logo appears, in diagonal green and white
bars and a totally bloccade.

Solutions for this problem are very welcome!!

André den Oudsten

What is your hardware, specially your display hardware, and did you try to
add nomodeset as a parameter on the boot command?

My hardware is a E-machine with an AMD Athlon II 160u processor and a
Compaq FP745A monitor.
For installation I used the DVD method, as I do the last twenty years..

The problem is most likely with the driver for your graphics card. So what is
the hardware of your graphics card? Also look for changed driver software for
that card. Are you using the default driver? Nouveau?

You did not answer about using nomodeset on the boot command.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf