Re: [opensuse] Fibre speed [Was: raid use case]
On Sun, 2015-05-31 at 21:50 -0400, James Knott wrote:
On 05/31/2015 09:40 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
But it is a new experience for me. You see, till recently I had a 1
mbit ADSL, and I was the slow link in the overall system. Now I
have a
100 mbit fibre, and I'm the fast one on the game. I'm not used to
be
waiting because the web out there is not fast enough for me ;-P
As I mentioned, I have 60 Mb and often find myself waiting. I also
have an Intel Core i7 CPU (4 core & hyper-threading) and 16 GB of
memory, so the problem is not on my end.

Yep, I have ~120Mbp/s combined from two independent fiber providers
routed through a Cisco 7206VXR.

Rate limiting on the remote is normal - and as more people get faster
connections - probably a smart thing for everyone to do.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> GPG D95ED383