Re: [opensuse] Fibre speed [Was: raid use case]
On 2015-06-01 13:58, jdd wrote:
Le 01/06/2015 13:13, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

That's a trifle. It does not justify going from 100 Mb to 300.

certainly not

but my adsl is only 12...

Mine was only 1, that's why I switched. If I had 12, I would have stayed.

Copper pair has some advantages: cabling in the house is simpler, for
starters. Traditional phone is powered by the copper wires, whereas my
phone now is on fiber and absolutely requires AC power (no battery
backup, either).

If my house mains goes down (which has already happened) I have no way
to phone anybody for help. Either I put an UPS, or use the mobile phone,
and both solutions will only work for some (limited) hours.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)