Re: [opensuse] raid use case
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 09:43:27 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Yes, I know that with copper pair there are technical limitations to
the upload speed. Both with high speed modems (V90) and with ADSL. But
fiber, which is what I have since very recently, doesn't have any
technical limitation. The limitation is arbitrary, or commercial.

Commercial / for marketing reasons. I think the asymmetric connections
on fibre are offered because consumers who move from xDSL will feel
more comfortable with an asymmetric spec. Silly, I know.

They assume that if I want symmetrical speed is because I want to
serve things.

Not an unreasonable assumption. Is there any other reason?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.5°C)