Re: [opensuse] Software installer fails to install rpm package
On 2014-11-29 18:07, Marco Calistri wrote:

Here we go:

LC_ALL=C LANG=C xdg-mime query default
application/x-rpm

gpk-install-local-file.desktop

Please, when posting commands do not allow lines to wrap. If you can not avoid
it, tell us.

:-O

The kernel and openSUSE flavours are contained in my sig below.

Ok, that's 13.2.

Ok, I have a 13.2 virtual system to compare to.

cer@oS-13-2:~>
package-manager.desktop

That one is apparently the default on xfce.

cer@oS-13-2:~> locate package-manager.desktop
/usr/share/applications/package-manager.desktop
cer@oS-13-2:~>

And that's where the file is.

cer@oS-13-2:~> locate gpk-install-local-file.desktop
/usr/share/applications/gpk-install-local-file.desktop
cer@oS-13-2:~>

And that's where your desktop file is. Maybe it is the default on gnome, dunno.

Mine has this:

cer@oS-13-2:~> cat /usr/share/applications/package-manager.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
X-SuSE-translate=true
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Install/Remove Software
Exec=xdg-su -c '/sbin/yast2 sw_single'
Icon=package-manager-icon
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=System;PackageManager;X-SuSE-ControlCenter-System;
NotShowIn=KDE;GNOME;MATE;
StartupNotify=true

cer@oS-13-2:~>

which is quite different than on my 13.1 (and will probably fail)

And this is the other one, the one you have:

cer@oS-13-2:~> cat /usr/share/applications/gpk-install-local-file.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
X-SuSE-translate=true
Name=Package Install
Comment=Install selected packages on the system
Categories=System;
Exec=gpk-install-local-file %F
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Icon=system-software-install
StartupNotify=true
NoDisplay=true
MimeType=application/x-rpm;application/x-redhat-package-manager;application/x-deb;application/x-app-package;

cer@oS-13-2:~>

Well, now you have to find out what that "gpk-install-local-file" does, if it
fails, or what.
The ball is on your field now :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)