Re: [opensuse] Software installer fails to install rpm package

Il 29/11/2014 13:46, Marco Calistri ha scritto:
Il 29/11/2014 12:00, Carlos E. R. ha scritto:
On 2014-11-29 14:16, Marco Calistri wrote:
Il 28/11/2014 22:01, Carlos E. R. ha scritto:

and tell us the result. Post it here.

We have asked you do it five or six times. What are you
waiting for, another month?

Yiks! You make things so difficult!

I'm delaying just because the beast is not close to me
otherwise I did already posted!

Ok, then just say so as soon as you notice that we are asking
you to do some thing. Don't let us get mad with impatience seeing
you don't, and instead talk around the issue.

Just run that command, post the result here, then we can
consider.

Or you do the "consideration" on your own, I showed already how
to do it, by doing it in my machine. I showed you all the steps.

Till you post the results, any further talk is futile.

And please, tell us what openSUSE version you are using.

Here we go:

LC_ALL=C LANG=C xdg-mime query default
application/x-rpmgpk-install-local-file.desktop

gpk-install-local-file.desktop

:-O

The kernel and openSUSE flavours are contained in my sig below.

I modify the .desktop file this way:

cat /usr/share/applications/package-manager.desktop[Desktop Entry]

X-SuSE-translate=true
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Install/Remove Software
Exec=package-manager --install %F
Icon=package-manager-icon
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=System;PackageManager;X-SuSE-ControlCenter-System;
NotShowIn=KDE;GNOME;MATE;
StartupNotify=true

and RPM get installed but is missing whatsoever process information
progress.

You see the package went installed just by rpm -qa|packagename.

I suppose my mimeinfo configuration is broken.

Regards,

- --
Marco Calistri
opensuse 13.2 (Harlequin) 64 bit - Kernel 3.17.2-5.g5caf82d-default
Gnome 3.14.1 Intel® Core? i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz × 4 - Intel®
Sandybridge Mobile