Re: [opensuse] PDFs printing 2" offset in landscape mode with Adobe
On 2014-11-29 15:45, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 11/28/2014 10:28 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

The recommendation is to, at least, remove the package
"acroread-browser-plugin", to impede read pdfs directly from the network
with adobe software.

Never was installed.

Firefox::menu:preferences-> applications ->
Content Type = "Portable Document Format"

is set to

"Preview in firefox"

I presume that means it uses internal code for viewing.

If the adobe plugin is not installed, then yes. There should be an
"about" thing. Notice that the firefox internal viewer is very limited.
I had to disable it.

Yes you can set it to use an external 'viewer', by which I presume that
it downloads the files and forks off the viewer.

Similarly when you use the print option with that internal viewer it
saves the PDF to a temporary file and uses the default printer settings
on it.

That's why I think this has to do with the PPD.

Why its OK with Foxit and Ocular I'm not sure.

There are two ways in acrobat to produce a postscript file. One is in
the adobe print dialog, there is a tick box to "print to file". This
bypasses the ppd completely. Then display the postscript file in gv.

Then, depending on your desktop, you might get the desktop print dialog,
or not.

And in the advanced button you can select some postscript options. One
is "print as image", which bypasses the postscript handling in CUPS or
your printer.

Also, I'm sure that your printer has several different drivers which you
can try. Mine has 3.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >