Von:Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Sam 29 November 2014 15:03
An: oS-en <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [opensuse] Is there something like Debians Mandos for Opensuse?

On 2014-11-29 09:30, Per Jessen wrote:
mots wrote:

Hello,

Debian GNU/Linux contains a program called Mandos, which lets
computers with encrypted root partition boot unattended. See:
https://wiki.recompile.se/wiki/Mandos

Is there something similar for Opensuse?

If you're up to it, it looks like an excellent opportunity to
participate. There is noone building a Mandos package for openSUSE atm.

I don't see how an encrypted root that automatically boots can be a good
thing. If somebody steals the machine, they can "open" it completely!

How does that Mandos does the trick, where is the password stored?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)