Re: [opensuse] Software installer fails to install rpm package
Il 28/11/2014 18:46, Marcus Meissner ha scritto:
On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 06:22:14PM -0200, Marco Calistri wrote:
Il 28/11/2014 17:49, Andrei Borzenkov ha scritto:
В Fri, 28 Nov 2014 19:58:18 +0100 "Carlos E. R."
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

On 2014-11-28 06:51, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
В Fri, 28 Nov 2014 02:19:29 +0100 "Carlos E. R." <> пишет:

I briefly tested it (double clicking on RPM file) in
3.2/GNOME and it started installation and resolved and
downloaded dependencies from remote repositories so it
appears to do exactly what is requested already.
Unfortunately, interface is very minimalistic - you do no get
any real feedback what is happening, no progress bar, no
information how many or which packages will be installed
additionally and whether they are required or recommended. I
suppose with large RPM file(s) and slow connection it may
simply appear to hang.

See my other post.

In my case, it calls yast, because I removed packagekit, which
would be the default.

I did not change anything, so apparently it is calling GNOME
software manager in my case.

Which app/script is called by software-manager and which by
package-manager in openSUSE?

Unluckily the stuff is a bit hidden in Gnome!

The UI tools (Gnome Software Center, Apper, Gnome Update Applet) call
PackageKit, which uses libzypp.

Yast2 itself uses libzypp directly.

Ciao, Marcus

Thanks Marcus!