Re: [opensuse] Does openSUSE store IPv6 addresses somewhere?
On 11/28/2014 10:35 AM, James Knott wrote:
On 11/28/2014 10:17 AM, James Knott wrote:
My router is configured with a vlan, which is used for a 2nd WiFi SSID
for guest access. This guest WiFi connects only to the Internet. As I
mentioned earlier, Wireshark, displaying the vlan only shows the proper
RA for that subnet, but both on the main subnet. So, how are both RAs
appearing there and on the computers?
I just set up a vlan interface on the desktop computer and it appears to
have the correct IPv6 address and subnet for the vlan. One other
curious thing I noticed. Previously, with an earlier version of
openSuSE, I was getting both MAC and random number IPv6 addresses, but
since upgrading to 13.x, was only getting the MAC based. I again see
both on the VLAN interface, but not on ethernet.

Weird!

Wireshark on that VLAN on the desktop shows only the proper RA, but both
on the Ethernet interface. The router shows only the proper RA on the
VLAN, but both on Ethernet and the laptop shows both when connected to
the guest WiFi, which is on the VLAN.