Re: [opensuse] Software installer fails to install rpm package
On 11/28/2014 09:44 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-11-28 15:34, Marco Calistri wrote:

I'm here because I want, I am here because I'm an openSUSE user but not
for this reason I avoid to express *personal* criticism if I find some
glitches in comparison to other distros.

But it took you a month to tell us that you were clicking on Nautilus!

If you had posted your question like:

"double clicking on an rpm in nautilus fails to install it (using
version XX.Y)"

... Of OpenSuse
... Of nautilus
... Of RPM

and since, by using ldd, you can find the libraries that the normal
tools to install RPMs make use of, that is 'zypper' and 'rpm', you might
note that bot make use of the 'librpm' and 'librpmio' libraries.

you might also have noticed that 'rpm' is the package management
standard. The use of 'apropos' would have told you of the manual page
for RPM and that it is clearly labelled as the package manager.

You might also tell us what external programs nautilus is configured to
use when clicking on a RPM file, that is what MIME-type settings you
have (either specific to nautilus or globally) and investigated for
yourself, possibly by RTFM, what that program does and what output it
produces with the parameters nautilus would give it.

It may even be that the way you have nautilus configured with suse is
different from the way you have it configured with your 'other' distribution

I'll note that checking those libraries and checking my MIME settings
tool less time that it took to type up this email response. So I'm in
full agreement with Carlos!

then you would have attracted the right people with appropriate
knowledge and answers. You did not!

+1

Details up front please

"Context is Everything"