Re: [opensuse] Does openSUSE store IPv6 addresses somewhere?
On 11/28/2014 08:29 AM, Florian Gleixner wrote:
On 11/28/2014 02:05 PM, James Knott wrote:
On 11/28/2014 03:00 AM, Florian Gleixner wrote:
Does your router send RAs for both subnets on the guest wlan? Run
radvdump on the client to check this. Probably another device sends RAs
for thw wrong subnet? Check /etc/radvd.conf on the router to ensure both
wlan interfaces are configured properly.
Does the router use the correct nestmasks for both subnets?
I left Wireshark running on that interface for several hours, capturing
only ICMP6. With no devices connected, all it had were the router
advertisements. Every one of those RAs showed the correct info.
Radvd.conf has the correct info and the subnet mask on both subnets is /64.

Wireshark on the client computer i guess. Running radvdump is probably
easier.

Radvdump is only available if you install the radvd package, which would
not normally be done on other than a router. However, I have installed it.

I also fired up Wireshark on the notebook and also a desktop connected
to the main network. Both show both RAs, but radvdump on the notebook
showed both while on the desktop only the one network that it should
have. This is getting weird.

My router is configured with a vlan, which is used for a 2nd WiFi SSID
for guest access. This guest WiFi connects only to the Internet. As I
mentioned earlier, Wireshark, displaying the vlan only shows the proper
RA for that subnet, but both on the main subnet. So, how are both RAs
appearing there and on the computers?

You should also grep for the ipv6 address in /var/log/messages to see
how the address is set.

Look at /etc/sysconfig/network if you have a fixed IPv6 configured
there. Then - if you use network manager look there. You can run
nm-connection-editor from the command line.