Re: [opensuse] Does openSUSE store IPv6 addresses somewhere?
Op 28-11-14 om 04:30 schreef James Knott:
I just set up a 2nd IPv6 subnet for my guest WiFi. While my openSuSE
13.1 based router provides the correct router config via router
advertisement, for some reason the "client" computer, running 12.3 keeps
on sending out neighbour advertisements for the address it would have
when connected to my main network. Ifconfig shows it has IPv6 addresses
for both subnets, though it's only connected to one. Ip -6 route show
also shows routes for both subnets. Is that info being cached
somewhere, when it shouldn't be? That computer is using the KDE network
manager.

BTW, I have a /56 subnet, which equals 256 /64 subnets, of which I'm
currently using 2.

James,

I'm not an ip-v6 guru at all, but ipv6 addresses are valid for some time.
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Linux+IPv6-HOWTO/hints-daemons-radvd.html describes this a bit.

P.S. can you point me to documentation how to set up ipv6 routes ? Or should I start a new thread ?

HTH
Koenraad.