Re: [opensuse] Ripping to tablet
On 11/27/2014 10:52 AM, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne Čt 27. listopadu 2014 10:37:45, Anton Aylward napsal(a):
When I look for ways to watch DVD movies on my tablet I find many tools
that rip the DVD, and, I think, convert it to something like a MP4 that
the tablet can handle. However they all seem to run on the MAC or
Windows. Nor do the seem to be FOSS.

I use K9Copy to rip and/or convert video and it works fine. On Android tablet
I have VLC. Still beta, but no problem so far.

How would I go about watching a DVD sourced movie given that I have
suse/linux as my "main" computer but not access to Windows or a MAC?

VLC? MPlayer? Both worked for me.

Convert to what?
I've watched DVD's on my laptop/desktop using VLC and Mplayer, yes I
know about that.

Since the tablets/phone have their own video playing capability I'm not
sure why I need to install VLC.

--
/"\
\ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign