Re: [opensuse] UPS : replacing battery with 12 volt Jelly Car Battery
On 11/25/2014 02:34 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
Batteries especially. :-( Saving electricity by keeping the cooling season
thermostat above 72F several degrees is not without offsetting costs. Besides
needing to do laundry more often, I've too often gotten less than 30 months
out of battery sets, sometimes not even 22. As many as 36 is unusual.
Sometimes they swell so badly they cannot even be removed to be replaced.

That's over charging, not environmental heat.

It might be that the charging circuit is poorly matched to the batteries
in use, float current too high. A common problem with older UPS designs.

But that reminds me....
I should look at my in-house UPSs, its been a while since I tested them
and power outage season is upon us.