Re: [opensuse] UPS : replacing battery with 12 volt Jelly Car Battery
On 25/11/14 04:03, Felix Miata wrote:
jdebert composed on 2014-11-24 13:50 (UTC-0800):

I'm curious about how long a typical "consumer" UPS can run on battery
before it fails. What would the maximum run time be and what limits it.
Never know when you'll need it for longer than a few minutes. If I were
in the middle of editing media I would want as much time as I can get
to get to a decent save point before shutting down. Same for games.

What Carlos wrote, but note I've bought a lot of these over a lot of years.
Every one came in a box and/or with a manual with the information to answer
jdebert's question. Just remember performance does not improve as the
batteries age. Once batteries are 2 years old, maybe sooner, you should be
routinely running the unit's self check to ensure you won't suffer
disappointment when the power does go out.

I have openSUSE 13.1 (fully patched and up to date) installed on my Dell
Inspiron 1525 laptop. I'm running KDE 4.14.3 as I prefer it to the other
desktops.

I've just plugged a brand new, fully charged 12v car battery into a free
USB port on the laptop, and now it won't boot. What do you guys
recommend? Should I upgrade to oS 13.2? If so, how? The USB port looks a
bit frazzled.

Bob
--
Bob Williams