Re: [opensuse] UPS : replacing battery with 12 volt Jelly Car Battery
On 2014-11-24 22:50, jdebert wrote:

I'm curious about how long a typical "consumer" UPS can run on battery
before it fails. What would the maximum run time be and what limits it.
Never know when you'll need it for longer than a few minutes. If I were
in the middle of editing media I would want as much time as I can get
to get to a decent save point before shutting down. Same for games.

Typically between 8 and 15 minutes, but it depends on actual the load,
the UPS design margins, how old is the battery...

Meaning, that if the UPS is new, charged, rated for 800VA, and you
connect a laptop, it might last for an hour :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)