Re: [opensuse] Re: boot with root as subvolume ** SOLVED **
  • From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 15:28:35 +0300
On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Gour <gour@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 13:14:59 +0300
Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Weird. I'll need to reproduce it, but I'm on business trip this week
without access to my system so I'll be able to do it on weekend.
Sorry.

The crucial thing to solve was to do:

btrfs subvolume set-default id-of-@ /

It should not be necessary. Actually, grub was explicitly changed to
not require set-default. Good that you have workaround, but I will
look at it.

Then there was no more resuce mode in Grub and I found out that eve
Yast/Boot_Loader generates correct linux/initrd lines - not using '@' in
path, but it, somehow, works. :-)

I'm afraid it has something to do with suse-specific patches ...