Re: [opensuse] Re: boot with root as subvolume
On 11/23/2014 11:55 AM, Gour wrote:

I'm still unclear as to why you are so insistent about begin
different.

First of all, I'm in the process of moving from Debian to Suse, and one
thing I want is to have *identical* setup to which I'm accustomed for
some time already.

Which makes me wonder ... If you want to rebuild openSuse so it looks
like your old Debian system, why did you move to openSuse at all?

When I moved to AIX from Solaris I didn't try rebuilding AIX to look
like Solaris; similarly the move from AIX to IRIX to Linux ...

Yes different versions of *NIX "cross pollinate" and it helps to know
what other systems have. Knowing the AIX Volume Manager let me pick up
LVM quickly even though it was subtly different. Knowing Perl from SUN
let me pick up the AIX SPSS quickly. And more.

But that's quite different from trying to remake openSuse so its - as
you say - *identical* to your old Debian system.

--
/"\
\ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign