[opensuse] Re: Use crontabs (was Re: openSUSE-13.1: at 17:00 system begins thrashing: What is cause?)
Anton Aylward wrote:
On 11/22/2014 10:25 AM, Linda Walsh wrote:
If you use 'crontabs', they run like the old cron. Only things
put in /etc/cron.{timeperiod}, get run under the new method.

Yes, that's the point I and others are trying to make.
It's all those "only" things that are so involved with system
administration & maintenance that are there 'out of the box'.
Of course us 'experts' ...
but the OP was the guy that got hit THUD! by these "only" things
rendering his system unusable and asking us for help.
----