Re: [opensuse] Why those packages wish to be installed?
On 11/21/2014 11:34 AM, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
I'll look like and idiot with my question, but never mind. :-) You are
confusing me little bit. I thought zypper up by default doesn't change
vendor.
So how can You have newest Darktable regardless repository? And I suppose
they
have same numbering scheme, right?

That's what zypper seems good at over the yast/gui, telling what else
there is.

If you say one has a higher priority than the other and one has a more
recent package, which do you think will be used, regardless of the
priority?

Ask me on Monday.

You have no justification in the use-case you describe for altering the
priorities. In fact it may run counter to your desires.

I use to give low priorities to repos from which I need few packages, but not
others which are there (and in other repos). Like from particular home
project
I want just very specific software, but not „general“ libraries.

There's nothing to stop you doing a an install "--from"