Re: [opensuse] Why those packages wish to be installed?
Dne Pá 21. listopadu 2014 11:00:58, Anton Aylward napsal(a):
On 11/21/2014 10:39 AM, jdd wrote:
Le 21/11/2014 15:39, Anton Aylward a écrit :
repository should have a lower priority makes no sense.

I mean specially for packman. there are duplicate packages in standard
repos and in packman and I want packman ones

That makes no sense.

Like others here I use Darktable and like many other I make use of the
Toganm_Photography repository. The owner pulls and complies the latest
updates daily. So far he's ALWAYS more up to date than the openSuse
repositories. So far. But if the openSuse one are ever more up to date
then I want THAT one and no his!

I suspect you are in the same situation with packman, you want the most
up to date, regardless of whether its in the main repo or the packman repo.

Now if you have both at the same priority you will always get the more
recent one. Unless, and I admit its unlikely, just as its unlikely that
the main repo will have the most up to date version of Darktable, the
main repo has a more up to date version of something than packman's
repo, wouldn't you want that? Isn't the whole point of these alternate
repos to get either stuff that isn't in the main repo (in which case
differential priority doesn't matter) or the most up to date version?

I'll look like and idiot with my question, but never mind. :-) You are
confusing me little bit. I thought zypper up by default doesn't change vendor.
So how can You have newest Darktable regardless repository? And I suppose they
have same numbering scheme, right?

If you say one has a higher priority than the other and one has a more
recent package, which do you think will be used, regardless of the priority?

You have no justification in the use-case you describe for altering the
priorities. In fact it may run counter to your desires.

I use to give low priorities to repos from which I need few packages, but not
others which are there (and in other repos). Like from particular home project
I want just very specific software, but not „general“ libraries.
Sincerely,
Vojtěch

--
Vojtěch Zeisek