Re: [opensuse] Why those packages wish to be installed?
Dne Pá 21. listopadu 2014 08:58:13, Ken Schneider - openSUSE napsal(a):
On 11/21/2014 08:49 AM, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne Pá 21. listopadu 2014 16:40:08 jste napsal(a):
On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Vojtěch Zeisek

<vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well first of all why are you doing a "dup" rather than an "up"

I do it regularly like that to keep newest package regardless repository
of
origin.

What do you get, by comparison, if you run with "up" rather than 'dup"

zypper up doesn't suggest those changes.

Which most likely means that some packages will change origin. zypper
up will keep source repository; zypper dup will silently change it.

Yes, I know.

But what you apparently don't know is that version numbering between
different repos for the same package is meaningless. Each packager uses
their own numbering system. Just because the number is higher does not
guarantee it is newer.

This is news, indeed. But again, I hadn't dad issues with that. When I turned
off installation of recommended packages in /etc/zypp/zypper.conf this „offer“
disappeared. BTW, I turned on colours there. Very nice. :-) So there are
apparently some changes in recommended packages or behaviour of zypper, which
is more pushing recommended packages. Well, OK, lets keep with „up“, as it
seems to be the only way.
Thank You,
Vojtěch

--