Re: [opensuse] Why those packages wish to be installed?
On 11/21/2014 08:16 AM, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
[snip]

Well first of all why are you doing a "dup" rather than an "up"

I do it regularly like that to keep newest package regardless
repository of origin.

That makes no sense at all.

Read the man page for the difference between an "upgrade" and a
"distribution upgrade".

If you want the newest packages as you state then you should, as I and
many others do, simply use 'up"

What do you get, by comparison, if you run with "up" rather than
'dup"

zypper up doesn't suggest those changes.

Well there you have it.

I've NEVER had the need to do a "dup" except when *preparing* for
an online upgrade from one level of the OS to the next, and you
are not making clear if that's what you are doing. I get the
*impression* from the repositories you list you are doing this
AFTER the upgrade.

This is after the upgrade. Before it was ok. I rather use dup for
normal updates. Until now no problem with that custom.

Well I suggest you change your practice.
There is no reason to use "dup" __AFTER__ the upgrade for simple
upgrades to the install base, and as for 'new' packages, there are
probably missions coving all manner of fields that you are simply not
interested in!

When you run the graphic form via yast you can see all the installed
package, the unmarked boxes. Do you really want to install all of
those? I suspect not.

As to you doing this before, well if you run 'dup' repeatedly
eventually it will stabilise, all that unwanted stuff will be
installed and then there's nothing more to do.

the user's request.

You might try "zypper list-updates"

The list is empty.

Right,
that means there are no updates.
The reason you got that list with 'dup" is that those were new
installs of things you didn't want.

As I understand it, „Requires“ are required by the package in
question, but the question is complementar - which existing package
suggests or requires to install this one. I tries zypper se
--suggests, but there is no installed package suggesting those in
question. Weird think: when I install those packages and run
rpmorpan, it suggests to remove those newly installed...

I think your problem is that you need a better understanding of what a
"Distribution upgrade" is about.

Perhaps someone else can help here, since it seems I'm not getting the
message though.

On the whole, my advice is 'DO NOT USE "DUP"'

Seems like at least a workaround for now...

Its no a 'workaround', its the way you _should_ be using zypper.