Re: [opensuse] Why those packages wish to be installed?
On 11/21/2014 07:17 AM, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Hello,
I today upgraded openSUSE 13.1 to 13.2. I wonder why zypper dup is willing to
install 77 new pacakges:

$ sudo LC_ALL=C LANG=C zypper dup
Warning: You are about to do a distribution upgrade with all enabled
repositories. Make sure these repositories are compatible before you
continue.
See 'man zypper' for more information about this command.

My mistake.
Zypper *CAN* do this dependency search.
Yes, its going to be step-and-repeat...

Example

# zypper info --requires bzr
Reading installed packages...

Information for package bzr:
----------------------------
Repository: Main Repository (OSS)
Name: bzr
Version: 2.5.1-5.1.3
Arch: x86_64
Vendor: openSUSE
Installed: No
Bazaar is a distributed version control system designed to be easy to
use and intuitive, able to adapt to many workflows, reliable, and
easily extendable.
Requires:
libc.so.6()(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.14)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)
libpthread.so.0()(64bit)
libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)
/usr/bin/python
libpython2.7.so.1.0()(64bit)
python-xml
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma) <= 4.4.6-1
python(abi) == 2.7

So you don't get a nice tree showing what is and isn't installed :-(