Re: [opensuse] openSUSE-13.1: at 17:00 system begins thrashing: What is cause?
On 2014-11-20 04:06, John Andersen wrote:
On 11/19/2014 06:54 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Well, its 13.2 so I hope that is recent enough ;-)

I don't know that one personally that much :-p

I was more interested in the setting of time of he individual jobs
that are scheduled for the system on a daily or hourly basis, etc.

Oh. No, there is no setting for that. It would need a complete redesign.

For instance I see in /etc/cron.daily/ jobs to check the
battery backup rpmdb, etc. But they don't seem to have times
associated with them.

No. The idea is to ensure that all those jobs run at least once a day,
not when. Then they modified the script so that the loops starts at a
preferred time, if the computer is connected at that hour. If not, it
tries again next day, and the next... up to 14 days (configurable), then
it runs at the first chance.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)