Re: [opensuse] Read-only NTFS Disks?
Lew, et al --

...and then Lew Wolfgang said...
%
% It seems that Microsoft recognized the need to mount an ISO and has
% created the " Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel", which is apparently available

Yep.

% for all Windows versions back to XP. Alas, it's reported to not work,
especially

FWIW, although it was cumbersome, it did work for me under XP Pro pretty
well. I haven't tried it 7 or 8, though.

% on 64-bit installs. Yet another reason to eschew Windows, as if we needed
one!

Heh. Indeed!

Meanwhile, I have this vision of a RasbPi or similar in a disk enclosure
implementing a smart controller in front of the 2T disks (RAIDed or not)
to prevent writes without the super-secret password. Pity it probably
isn't cost-effective -- but, as noted already, if the guy is this stubborn
then he'll probably afford custom work, too. But the switch-on-the-side
case, especially with the switch disabled no longer available, is probably
a better choice.

But I still can't help but be crazy curious about this customer's mindset.
Seriously, dude?!? Perhaps I should tell him about my wish for a fast &
fun car that gets great mileage, whose parts never wear out, and in which
I can't get tickets! :-)

%
% Regards,
% Lew