Re: [opensuse] Read-only NTFS Disks?
On 2014-11-19 08:35, jdd wrote:
Le 19/11/2014 00:37, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

filsystem. :-)

well, right, but you have to add the relevant part "ISO9660/Joliet/HFS..."

ISO is International Standard Office and I guess most file systems are
registered by ISO :-)

Ok, right, but ISO in the context of this thread is just an abreviation
of the full name ISO9660.

shows than most modern system do *not* fit with ISO9660, if you don't
add joliet or rockridge, this may be why the OP did not succeed reading
it's disk. UDF is necessary if large file are on the tree.

No, windows would first see the cd, and then say it could not understand
it. No, the problem is that you need an extra program to do such things.
I thought it was acetone iso, but it is daemon tools, and probably others.

Not really. cdrecord is used because of limitations of the dvd/cd
writer. Otherwise, you could just use cp, if the hardware allows it. And
for a HD, it does.

I never tried cp for direct writing on block device, but it may work

On block device it certainly does. On cd/dvd writer, it might on some. I
haven't tested it myself. I think it works on units labeled "dvd ram",
but it is a waste. On windows it does work.

what I can say for sure is that windows can open any block device with
good file system. For example, it can open an usb key with 13.2,
bootable one, said "hybrid image", but windows 8 do not read more than
the EFI folder :-)

Because the efi folder is fat :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >