Re: [opensuse] Firewall
On 2014-11-18 23:59, Anton Aylward wrote:

Is it flashed with WRT?
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/td-w8970

Which version?

Nope, the original firmware plus an update.

Its a very nice device but I don't see anything in the spec that make me
think its DHCP server communicates with a DNS server.

It does not. I did not say it does. I said that it finds the names of
the devices the internal dhcp server feeds. Same as the one in this
photo from jdd:
<http://www.cjoint.com/14nv/DKsuExLdPG1_capture-0061.jpeg>
but in text only.

Souping up names for Windows machines that are broadcasting their names
and addresses, as I mentioned earlier, is quite another matter.

It doesn't get them via broadcast. And it remembers the names for ages.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >